Protect the Ecosystem, Switch to Biodegradable Garbage Bags!
Have you ever wondered why we need to switch to biodegradable garbage bags? According to a survey, most metropolitan cities of India produce around 10 million tonnes of garbage each year. What’s more concerning is that most of the trash is stored or carried in a plastic bag itself which is extremely harmful to our environment.
Disposal of garbage in traditional plastic bin bags adds to the already persisting problem of plastic waste. The saddest part is that the hazards of plastic wastes are not just limited to land. Yes, plastic waste is hazardous to the atmosphere and marine life, whether it is simply dumped off or incinerated.
That’s why innovations like biodegradable trash bags have become the need of the hour. Thankfully, companies like NatureTrust aim towards sustainability and have come with a wide range of biodegradable plastics, including bin bags.
5 Reasons to Switch to Biodegradable Garbage Bags
- Free of harmful chemicals: This is the main factor that makes biodegradable bin bags much better than conventional bin bags. While plastic bin bags are usually made of petroleum-based toxic chemicals, biodegradable trash bags are made of natural materials like corn starch, PLA, etc. This makes them significantly eco-friendly and less hazardous to the environment.
- Same application: Biodegradable trash bags serve the same purpose as conventional trash bags with equal convenience and efficiency. You can easily use them for storing and disposing of the garbage while eliminating those trashy plastic garbage bags. Best quality biodegradable bin bags from NaturTrust fit all requirements ranging from 5L to 240L capacities and are highly durable.
- Less carbon emission: While conventional plastic releases four tons of emissions, biodegradable garbage bags only emit nearly 0.8 tons of carbon. If plastic bin bag usage gets reduced significantly, more brands will understand the demand and focus on manufacturing only biodegradable plastic products. In this way, you will indirectly reduce the greenhouse gas effect by decreasing carbon emissions.
- Degradable: The biodegradable bin bags tend to decompose into the soil in a fairly less amount of time, unlike the traditional garbage bags. As the traditional ones are made up of low density and high-density polyethylene, they can’t be decomposed, so they persist in nature for a long time. While plastic bin bags can take nearly hundreds of years to decompose, biodegradable trash bags take roughly 12-24 months.
- Saving non-renewable resources: Biodegradable garbage bags are not manufactured from fossil fuels, unlike traditional bags. As we all know, fossil fuels like petroleum and natural gas are on the verge of being exhausted. They cannot be renewed like other resources like soil, water, sunlight, etc. By switching to biodegradable bin bags, you will directly contribute to less usage of fossil fuels used to manufacture plastic bin bags. This is a huge step towards saving valuable non-renewable resources as they are present in limited quantities.
What makes NaturTrust Biodegradable Garbage Bag the Best?
- It is made up of natural and eco-friendly materials like Corn Starch, PLA, PBAT.
- Tear resistance and leakage proof so that you can use it for liquid waste as well.
- High strength with thickness starting at 15 microns.
- Designed and launched while adhering to law and compliance
- Prevents any kind of odour leakage.
- No petroleum consumption
- Barrier against harmful microorganisms like bacteria, viruses, etc.
- It comes with anti-static properties to prevent slipping, making it easy to store and carry.
- Free of any GMO material and other toxic chemicals.
With ISO 17088 and various quality certifications, NaturTrust’s biodegradable plastic products emerge as the best alternative to harmful plastic products.